1 . Q: My unit displays “ErrHi” or “ErrLO”. What does this mean?
A: The most common cause is a damaged cable. The probe assembly may need to be replaced.
ErrHI indicates the sensor is operating above its temperature limit, the Probe Assembly is open circuited from a cut or broken section, or the cable is not properly inserted at the circuit board terminal.
ErrLO indicates the sensor is operating below its temperature limit, the Probe Assembly is short circuited due to a smashed or cut section, or the cable wire polarity is reversed at the circuit board terminal.
2. Q: Can I replace the probe assembly?
A: Yes, For the TP gauging thermometers, the probe assembly is user replaceable. If the probe assembly is replaced, the unit MUST BE CALIBRATED.
3. Q: Can I calibrate my TP gauging thermometer?
A: Yes, each unit’s user instructions include information on how to calibrate the instrument.
4. Q: Can I adjust the calibration on my TL stem thermometer?
A: As with all ThermoProbe devices, calibration adjustment should be performed by qualified personnel. TL calibration adjustment requires a software and programmer interface. Please contact your local distributor (Distributor Locator) or ThermoProbe for calibration adjustment service. Please complete a repair and calibration form to include with your shipment.
5. Q: How often should I calibrate my unit?
A: Each ThermoProbe device is expected to remain within factory tolerances for one year from calibration date. Your specific industry guidelines may require more frequent calibration checks.
6. Q: Where can I get my ThermoProbe calibrated and how much does it cost?
A: Please contact your local distributor for calibration service: (Distributor Locator)
ThermoProbe also offers factory calibration services as follows:
TP gauging thermometers – $70
- standard 4 point calibration at 32F, 120F, 200F and 300F (Older models only require 3 point calibration at 32F, 120F and 200F)
TL1A, TL3 or TL1W laboratory thermometers – $150
- standard 4 point calibration at 32F, 120F, 200F and 300F
TL1-R or TL2 laboratory thermometers – $200
- standard 5 point calibration at -4F, 32F, 120F, 200F and 300F
7. Q: What causes my TL1 unit to only display “Conn” or “Con” and not turn off?
A: This usually indicates the power button has failed. “Conn” is last selection when holding the power button and will switch the TL to continuous operation. The unit should be returned for evaluation & repair. Please complete a repair and calibration form to include with your shipment.
8. Q: I have misplaced my unit’s calibration report. Is it possible to get a replacement?
A: Yes, ThermoProbe can provide a duplicate calibration report if the serial number of the unit is provided. Please contact email@example.com with the unit’s serial to request an emailed copy.
9. Q: Why won’t my unit turn on?
A: Make sure the batteries are good and installed in the proper direction. If this does not fix the problem, the unit should be returned for evaluation & repair. Please complete a repair and calibration form to include with your shipment.
10. Q: Are custom calibration temperatures available?
A: Yes, ThermoProbe can provide custom temperature verification if requested. Our calibration temperature ranges are between -40F and 570F. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
11. Q: I have a special application for temperature measurement. Do you provide custom probe configurations?
A: Yes, ThermoProbe has provided customers many various configurations depending on the application. Custom probe lengths and configurations are available upon request. Please contact email@example.com with your requirements.
12. Q: How much stem immersion should I use for my TL1-A, TL1-W, TL1-R or TL2-A?
A: The minimum probe immersion is recommended to be 4 inches or greater.
13. Q: My ThermoProbe has gotten wet. Should I be concerned?
A: ThermoProbe devices are designed to be weather-resistant, but prolonged exposure to moisture (left in bucket, dropped in water, heavy steam environment) may cause corrosion issues on the circuit board. One should open the unit and allow it to dry thoroughly. If it does not operate properly the unit should be returned for evaluation & repair. Please complete a repair and calibration form to include with your shipment.
14. Q: My unit displays strange characters or only flashes when I try to turn it on. What does this mean?
A: This may happen if your device has been exposed to a high-moisture environment. Please allow the unit to dry properly. If the unit continues to malfunction, it should be returned for evaluation & repair. Please complete a repair and calibration form to include with your shipment.